I found this recipe on Pinterest and I'm sooo happy that I went with it.
A few things turned me on to this recipe....
2. I had all of the ingredients and I think almost everyone probably will.
3. Cook and prep time about 30 minutes!
4. An Alfredo sauce that doesn't require a rue/rew/ru? (sticky, gooey, can be grainy, floury, messy and will burn if you don't watch it, temperamental base for most Alfredo sauces.)
20 Ounce pack of tortellini
I used bertolli
2 chicken sausages (can leave out)
4 oz Mozzarella Cheese
Garlic Alfredo sauce (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get out a 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
- Boil tortellini according to package directions, and set aside. Dice up chicken sausage and brown in pan until cooked. I like to freeze my links so that they are easier to cut.
- Spread a 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix your tortellini, sausage and the remaining alfredo sauce. Poor your pasta mixture into your baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese, and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Turn your broiler on, and while watching, broil for a few minutes to get your cheese a little crispy.
Garlic Alfredo Ingredients
- 4 T butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup milk (I used 1%))
- 3 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (not the powdered kind!)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. This part may look a little curd-ily but don't stress, somehow it all works out in the end. Slowly add in milk, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Stir in parmesan and pepper. Season with kosher salt, if needed.
- Remove from heat when desired consistency is reached.